Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery
The Cemetery is located at
2809 Grindon Ave.
Telephone: 410-435-6861 | Fax: 410-433-3646
Immanuel Lutheran Church owned one third of the former 'Second Evangelical Lutheran Church cemetery, which was originally on Madison Avenue, but later sold and moved to Druid Hill Park. The congregation disbanded after moving to Druid Hill Park and the congregations of Martini Lutheran, St. Paul's and Immanuel purchased the cemetery. See St. Paul's Cemetery of Druid Hill.
The mother church then purchased land in Lauraville on Gridon Lane. This was a small farm and was dedicated on June 1, 1874. The little chapel on the premises was built in 1892 and was restored in 1982.
For information on the cemetery, see their website at Website.
For photos taken during our research trip on April 18, 2011 & August 24, 2014, click here.
On August 24, 2014, the Immanuel Cemetery held a Memorial Service. The event was a 'Day of Remembrance' and was held as part of the year long celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the founding of Immanuel Lutheran Church. The weather was excellent as a wonderful celebration unfolded including choirs, speakers that took us back those 150 years and even a Civil War Guard guarding the burial place of John Thompson and Civil War Medal of Honor recipient. There was a memorial service led by Pastor Charles Minetree. Those interested in Family history could find the actual indexes and location books on the grounds this day. The kudos for the wonderfully planned and executed memorial go to Sharon Reinhard. Those interested in the cemetery or those hoping to find information about those buried within the cemetery may contact
Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org.