St. Paul's German Reformed (Cardiff)
This cemetery began as the final resting place of congregants of St. Paul’s Fifth German Reformed Church, located on Broadway. The first church was situated on Bank Street. The church was seriously damaged by fire on November 8, 1866 and rebuilt on March 17, 1867.
The cemetery is located at the end of Cardiff Avenue...it dead ends into the cemetery. There are no gates, no signs, no fences. It is still an active cemetery, now named Voshell's Memorial Garden. There are still interments at the cemetery, however, it is not well maintained. The photos below show the neighboring street and the garbage is at the corner perimeter of the cemetery. The grass was cut and their was no debris on the actual premises.
Thanks to Kathryn Rokitski for bringing this cemetery to our attention.
Voshell Memorial Gardens
Aka: St. Paul’s, German Reformed
5600 Cardiff Avenue
Baltimore, Baltimore City, Maryland, 21224
Records for the church, including burial records are maintained at:
Evangelical & Reformed Historical Society
555 W. James Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Phone: 717-290-8734 (Please call before visiting to assure staff will be available to assist)
Transcriptions: To view in separate window, click the square in the right hand corner of the table.