The church as organized among the Germans by Rev. A. Miller. The first location of the church was on the corner of Lombard and Bond Streets. The cornerstone was laid on October 10, 1844 and the building dedicated by Bishop Waugh on January 26, 1845. In September 1849, the board of trustees sold the building to Rev. Robert Piggott for the purpose of an Episcopal Church. The current congregation moved to Ann Street, south of Eastern Avenue. The cornerstone was laid for the new church on June 5, 1854 and the dedication on April 22, 1855. Subsequently, the site was sold and a new church built on Broadway.