St. Luke's German Evangelical Lutheran
900 S. Eutaw Street, Baltimore, MD.
This church was an offshoot of St. Stephen’s and was organized in 1864 by Rev. L.F. Zimmermann. The congregation originally worshipped at the chapel on Henrietta Street near Eutaw. Henrietta no longer joins at Eutaw. The cornerstone of the church was laid on May 27, 1866 and dedicated on December 26, 1866. The early pastor was Rev. John Keller. The pastor in 1895 was Rev. John Wittke ( a member of the Pennsylvania Ministerium). The church was, however, independent. After 1922 the church moved to 1301 W. Fayette Street and in 1957, it became St. Luke's United Church of Christ and moved to Baltimore County.
Many of the records for this church may be found at:
The Maryland Archives
MSA SC 3979 Film 1677
Evangelical & Reformed Historical Society
555 W. James Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Phone: 717-290-8734 (Please call before visiting to assure staff will be available to assist)
Note: Confirmation Certificate above courtesy of Rhonda Tilt, great-granddaughter of Elizabeth Eberdt