Jerusalem Lutheran Cemetery Westminster
It is believed that many of the Hessian soldiers that remained in Maryland after the Revolutionary War are buried in this cemetery. Many made their home in this part of the start, which became known as Bachman Valley.
The cemetery is located on Bachmans Valley Road. The first church was built here in 1787 and was known as Bauer’s church, named after the man who donated the land. It was later known as Bachman’s church and then Jerusalem. The original or early records are in German with baptisms dating back to 1793.
See also Jerusalem Lutheran Church
We visited the cemetery on May 28, 2011 and took approximately 200 photos and transcribed those photos. Those that were photographed are: