St. Marcus Evangelical Lutheran
St. Marcus’ German Evangelical Lutheran Church/St. Mark's German Lutheran Church-Baltimore
101-107 North Broadway
The church is situated at the corner of Broadway and Fairmount Avenue. It was organized on November 3, 1867 by about sixty heads of families. The congregation began worshipping at Powhatan Hall on the corner of Pratt and Bond Streets. The church was dedicated on August 14, 1870. The first pastor was W.F. Seeger.
The congregation was associated with the Maryland Synod until November, 1873, when it connected with the Joint Synod of Ohio and adjacent States. The church had over 600 communicants at the end of the last century. The 1903 Polk Directory lists the church as St. Mark's German.
(photos courtesy K. Weber)
Pastors of St. Marcus
Rev. W.F. Seeger 1870
Rev. Hermann Veith 1870-1873
Rev. John Hoerr 1873
Rev. Jacob Mueller 1903